Real Estate & Development – Real Estate Finance – Loan Workouts and Foreclosures
Mr. Martin’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, real estate finance, and loan workouts and foreclosures. He assists clients with the financing and acquisition of real property, development, commercial leasing and the preparation and negotiation of all forms of real estate and loan documentation. He also has extensive experience representing lenders in commercial loan transactions, workouts and foreclosures. Prior to joining Murchison, Taylor & Gibson, PLLC, Mr. Martin was a partner with a regional, southeastern United States law firm.
– Represents developer of 235 acre mixed use community;
– Represented financial institutions in over 400 loan workouts and foreclosures during recession;
– Represents developer of multi-family, office condominium, retail centers and mixed use projects in North Carolina.
– North Carolina Bar Association: Real Property Section Member
– New Hanover County Bar Association: Member
– David has been an active member of the First Presbyterian Church since 2004 and currently serves as an usher team coordinator and formerly as a deacon, lay liturgist and youth basketball coach
– Lower Cape Fear Hospice, Inc. Board of Directors (2005-2012)
– Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Foundation Board (2013 – 2016; Treasurer, 2014)
– New Hanover County Schools Bond Referendum Committee (2014)
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Real Estate Law (2018, 2019)
· Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Real Estate (2012-2015)
· Martindale-Hubbell’s top (“AV”) Peer Review Rating